Coffee that tastes good? Doesn’t make you feel jittery? And it is actually good for you to drink? Trust me on this! If you have ever had trouble with coffee, you need to try making it like this! Having a balancing coffee will change the whole game.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
First things first… You need good coffee
If you are anything like me, coffee just makes you feel terrible and you probably don’t like drinking it. You get nauseous, gittery, anxious and a whole host of other issues. Following these guidelines has helped a ton and I can now enjoy a cup of coffee every morning!
Coffee and Pesticides
Coffee is one of the most heavily chemically treated crops in the world. They are treated not only with pesticides, but also herbicides, insecticides, synthetic fertilizers and more! For this reason its best to look for a good organic brand so you can at least have fewer chemicals sprayed on your morning coffee.
Coffee and Mold
Many coffee brands are selling you moldy coffee! YIKES! Yes, even the organic ones can be filled with mold. Coffee is grown in more humid climates which mold loves, and many times the coffee beans are being stored for too long before getting roasted. Because of these factors most of the coffee sold in stores most likely have mold in them.
Mold can be extremely dangerous and can cause you to become ill more frequently. It can also cause headaches and brain fog along with many other things including death in more serious cases.
How to find good coffee
- Look into organic beans
- Look for brands that do mold testing
- Find freshly roasted bean (this will give you the best flavor)
- Grind your own beans (again gives you the best flavor and will make your coffee last longer)
- Grow your own coffee plant – I’m growing my own organic coffee plant so that i know exactly where and how my coffee is being produced with no mold or chemicals!
Balance the coffee
Balancing all your meals is so important. But if you want to drink your morning coffee and not have jitters or have a big crash a few hours in, then you need to balance your coffee as well.
For this recipe, the carb is the maple syrup.
You can use any real sugar you would like. Sugar cane, sucanat, honey, ect.
The raw Cream serves as your fat
You can use either the collagen or raw egg yolk for this.
Raw milk is also a complete protein.
Remember balancing meals!
Don’t just balance your coffee this way, balance all your meals this way as well for best results.
Time of day matters
- Never drink your coffee first thing in the morning.
- Never drink coffee on an empty stomach.
- Always drink your coffee either with breakfast or after breakfast. Or you can drink it with your morning snack if you have one.
Drinking coffee on an empty stomach can wreck your body and cause thyroid issues.
You might be thinking “I drink coffee on an empty stomach all the time and feel best when I do! How can that be bad?” The reason you feel good is because your body is in fight or flight mode, but staying in fight or flight all the time can be very detrimental to your health.
How to make balancing coffee
- Coffee maker/french press/other
- berkey filter for water (the quality of the water you cook with and drink matters)
- Kettle or a pot for boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Ground Coffee – organic and mold free
- 2 tablespoons collagen peptides OR raw egg yolk – locally sourced
- Cream or Whole Milk – preferably raw
- Maple syrup- preferably organic
Balancing Coffee Process
If using whole beans, grind them up for 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds.
Prepare your coffee however you like. I boil water on my stove and use a french press, but you can use your favorite method of brewing coffee.
After it’s been brewed pour it into your favorite mug.
If using collagen powder add that to your coffee first and mix till dissolved.
Then add in your maple syrup and cream.
If you are using raw egg yolk add it at the end so hopefully you don’t scramble it.
ENJOY your balancing coffee!
Links and resources
Items in post
- HOW TO MAKE EZEKIEL WAFFLES
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN EZEKIEL FLOUR MIX
- 10 ESSENTIAL TOOLS NEW HOMEMAKERS NEED FOR A FROM SCRATCH KITCHEN
- 2 tablespoons Ground Coffee - organic and mold free
- 2 tablespoons collagen peptides OR raw egg yolk - locally sourced
- Cream or Whole Milk - preferably raw
- Maple syrup- preferably organic
- If using whole beans, grind them up for 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds.
- Prepare your coffee however you like. I boil water on my stove and use a french press, but you can use your favorite method of brewing coffee.
- After it's been brewed pour it into your favorite mug.
- If using collagen powder add that to your coffee first and mix till dissolved.
- Then add in your maple syrup and cream.
- If you are using raw egg yolk add it at the end so hopefully you don't scramble it.
- ENJOY your balancing coffee!
- Do NOT drink coffee on an empty stomach
- ALWAYS drink coffee with breakfast or after breakfast or withy our A.M. snack
- If you find you need more coffee throughout the day, always drink it with food and with all the add-ins!