The Homemakers Way
Welcome to The Homemkers Way, where I like to share my passion for old-fashioned homemaking skills in a modern way.
I’m a young wife to an amazing husband and a girl mom to a toddler and a newborn. As a mom of 2 under 2, my days are always full of surprises.
I’m a small town Texas girl, with a big heart for traditional homemaking and getting back to our roots.
My dream is to move the country with a few acres of land. My husband would love to have a huge garden and I’d love to use his produce in the kitchen! Having a few Chickens and other farm animals wouldn’t hurt as well.
As long as I could remember, I have always wanted to be a wife, mom and of course a homemaker. I hope to be blessed with as many children God wants gives me. As a teenager in youth group I would spend a lot of my time volunteering with the children’s ministry at church. And while in college I work at a daycare part time.
Here at the Homemakers Way, we are passionate about all things homemaking including natural living, cooking from scratch with real and healthy ingredients, and making our house a home.
Fun Facts about Me
- Jesus lover
- I played the flute in the high school marching band
- Picked up twirling my sophomore year of high school and twirled at UIL events my Jr. and Sr. years
- At my preschool “What I want to be when I grow up” parade, I went as a mom. I wore a dress that looked like a church mom dress from the 90’s while pushing my baby doll stroller
- Ended my college career to be a Stay at home mom
- Was married with a baby by the I turned 22
- I’m a food lover
- Lover of old fashioned life and homemaking skills
- I love cooking and baking from scratch
- Fermenting and preserving is my jam (pun intended)
- There is almost always something fermenting on my countertops, from a sourdough starter to a gallon jar of kombucha.
- I had an amazing natural unmedicated VBAC just 21 months after a horrible birthing experience turned into an unnecessary cesarian section
- I have a cabinet full of natural remedies like tinctures and essential oils
- Despite the fact that I suffer from horrible Hyperemesis gravidarum every pregnancy, I still want to have many more children
Follow along for more old-fashioned but modern homemaking tips, along with our favorite from scratch recipes in my simple kitchen, natural living, mom life and some DIY’s for my simple handmade home.